2x Temple of Plenty
2x Temple of Malady
1x Blossoming Sands
1x Mana Confluence
3x Sandsteppe Citadel
3x Forest
3x Plains
4x Swamps

I have budget abzan deck and I need your help with it. It is going pretty good against aggressive and midrange decks, but I have a lot of problems with control decks. Duress, Despise and Tidehollow Sculler are my only cards that can win against control. I think about some draw power. At turn 6-7 my hand is usually empty. I want to add 2x-3x Wilt-Leaf Liege, 1x-2x Elspeth, Sun's Champion, 1 more Sorin, Solemn Visitor and 1 more Whip of Erebos. That will give me more creatures and lifelink.
I know that sideboard can help me with that, but it is not big right now, because my knowledge and experience is not that good.
Sideboard:
1x Crux of Fate
2x Doom Blade
1x Infinite Obliteration
1x Tormod's Crypt

Waiting for all of your recommendations and ideas

Re: Abzan deck needs help [Re: qwerty] #159140
09.01.2016 10:25:44
09.01.2016 10:25:44
Liitus: Sep 2005
Tallinn
Jay-N Väljas
pealik
Jay-N  Väljas
pealik
Tallinn
I am now thinking in the terms of modern, but your deck should be able to do something on turns 1-3. I see that most of your curve begins with 4 mana.

About cards that cost less than 5 EUR

I would add:
4 x Birds of Paradise - would need more untapped green source if you did it.
2-3 x Path to Exile

Also another very universal card that is not so expensive and easy to cast is Scavenging Ooze. It removes problem cards from enemy graveyards, makes Tarmogoyfs small while making himself bigger. I would add 3-4 pcs. If you added Oozes then Anafenza should go.

To make space I would start cutting
Fiend Hunters - every single deck in modern kills them for 1-2 mana and the ones that do not, they do not care about this card.
Tasigurs - without fetchlands they are plain bad. I know they are very cool cards and everyone wants toplay them, but in your current deck they are not good. You can maybe play one on turn 4 by removing Lingering Souls and Despise, but do you want it?

Also I would look forward to replace also 2-3 of the lands that come to play tapped against manlands (ie Shambling Vent).

Viimati muutis Jay-N; 09.01.2016 10:25:58.
Re: Abzan deck needs help [Re: Jay-N] #159146
09.01.2016 11:59:50
09.01.2016 11:59:50
Liitus: Jan 2016
Tallinn
qwerty Väljas OP
võhivõõras
qwerty  Väljas OP
võhivõõras
Liitus: Jan 2016
Tallinn
Usually I play taplands on 1-2 turn, so I think that Birds of Paradise aren't good in my deck. Path to Exile is good in turn 5-6 when on opponent's turn I have 1-2 mana and I will try to add them. Oozes are good, I think 2 is enough. Fiend Hunters - I was thinking that they will work with Sorin to block small creatures, but that didn't work at all and now I remove them for sure. Tasigurs - I just added them and only played 2 games with them, but I think that you possibly are right that they are slow.
But what do you think about Wilt-Leaf Liege, 2nd Sorin, 2nd Whip of Erebos and Elspeth, Sun's Champion?

Re: Abzan deck needs help [Re: qwerty] #159150
09.01.2016 15:39:57
09.01.2016 15:39:57
Tallinn
Jay-N Väljas
pealik
Jay-N  Väljas
pealik
Tallinn
Wilt-Leaf Liege is good, but it would be even better if you had more white or green creatures that come to play before turn 4. I do not think much of whip anywhere besides commander. It is too conditional or slow. If you are ahead it is just maybe a win more card, if you are loosing, it will not help a thing.

Elspeth is good, small Elspeth might be even better. Sorin is good, works well with tokens. Could also experiment with equipment, but the best-ones might be too expensive.

Avalik jututuba
Kes foorumis on?
4 liitunud kasutajat (kilpkonn, Oompa, HeZ, Onogonomnom), 4 külalist, ja 5 ämblikku.
Legend Admin, , Moderator
Täna on sünnipäev:
Täna pole sünnipäevalisi.
Aktiivsed oksjonid